Fifth week of Pregnancy
Development of the baby
During the fourth and the fifth weeks of pregnancy, the embryo develops at a brisk pace. Even though the size of your baby could be compared to that of a rice grain and is about 1mm, you can be assured that the baby continues to grow and develop his/her vital organs.
Since each of us our unique and different, every baby’s development will also take place at a different rate. Muscles, bones, central nervous system and the heart will start getting formed during this week. In some babies, it is even possible to have early skeletal developments at this stage.
In week five, the heart starts to divide into different chambers and begins to pump blood. The cells in the middle layer or the mesoderm form the heart. Other organs that also get developed by this layer are bones, muscles and cartilages. At this stage, the umbilical chord as well as the placenta starts to develop. In the top most layer, also know as ectoderm, the neural tube begins to develop. This layer would also be responsible for the development of nails, hair, sweat glands and the skin. The cells of the third layer, or endoderm, develop the pancreas, intestines, lungs, the digestive system and thyroid.
Facial features begin to form such as the eyes, nostrils and an opening for the mouth can also be seen. The brain starts to form its three regions and the baby’s fingers and toes can be seen during this week.
Changes in a mother’s body
Due to the increased levels in estrogen and progesterone, your body will experience a lot of hormonal changes. Once you come to know of your pregnancy, you may feel excited as well anxious. Vomiting, nausea and feeling tired and sleepy are some symptoms that can be expected during this week. Morning sickness is in fact a misnomer as women can have nausea any time during the day and not just in the mornings. Few women have nausea during their entire term of pregnancy and for some; it gets better once the first trimester is over. There are however many ways to help overcome morning sickness. You could consult your physician or your family and friends for tips and guidance.
What to expect
You may feel bloated at times and have abdominal and pelvic discomfort or pain. There could be some tenderness in your breasts and you may have a tingling sensation as well.
Many women experience a lot of fatigue during the fifth week. You may be low on energy during the entire pregnancy period however; it is most severe during these early weeks. Try to rest and take short naps as much as possible. Pick up an exercise, go out of doors and breathe in fresh air or take a walk and it will always help you perk up your mood.
Remember, each person’s body reacts differently and so some may have these early symptoms and some may experience nothing at all.
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups car seat safety
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups baby toys push n go
- 5 weeks pregnant
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups northeast regional health services
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups when to start potty training
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups digestive system
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups skeletal system
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups nervous system
- what size pregnancy 5 weeks
- 5 weeks pregnancy size of a grain of rice
- pregnant 5 weeks
- how many weeks is your baby the size of a grain of rice
- HOW MANY WEEKS IS A FETUS THE SIZE OF RICE
- foetus how many weeks size of a rice grain
- baby size of rice grain
- 7 weeks pregnant size of rice
- 5 weeks pregnant your body